CLIENT: MMKT Not for Profit
ENGAGEMENT: Silver Tree Consulting & Services assessed the NFP’s Infrastructure, Unified Communications & Collaboration tools and processes, Contact Center, and Applications development and maintenance with a goal to:
- Find cost savings to redirect to strategic initiatives
- Modernize applications
- Leverage BI, data and analytics (predictive modeling, data lakes)
- Enhance and better tailor services to its constituents
ASSESSMENT/DESIGN: Silver Tree identified significant savings in Applications and Infrastructure – in excess of 30%. We discovered legacy telecommunication technology: outdated switch and carrier spend using dedicated telephony infrastructure PRI trunks. In addition, they were using MPLS and had not moved to SDWAN capability. Silver Tree developed a roadmap and implementation plan to:
- Convert to Internet-based SIP trunking to significantly reduce long distance and local exchange charges.
- Convert to a SDWAN network, to leverage internet bandwidth, eliminating MPLS circuits.
- Realize savings from the carrier spend – providing the funding for the transition to a new private cloud-based Unified Communications and Contact Center (UC and CC) solution.
- As a result of the transition to the private cloud UC and CC solution they also received significant additional savings versus the legacy premise-based solution. This solution brings enhanced capability that is fundamental to how they better serve their constituents and donors. A key component of their digital transformation.
- Demonstrated the value of a cloud adoption strategy, SaaS, to support their goal to provide much better services and responsiveness to their constituents and donors as part of their digital transformation.
- Much more responsive and agile network (speed, reliability, flexibility)
- 50% Reduction in Network/UC&C spend, savings of $240K/year
- Future proofing of next generation technology investments
BOTTOM LINE: Silver Tree’s Assessment and recommended Design methodology creates the foundation that will transform their technology landscape and operating model. Significant cost savings provide the funding to upgrade IT capabilities and associated digital transformation journey.